The Enterprising Program is a community strengthening and employment generation project piloted in Wyndham City in Melbourne. The program stimulates and nourishes the start-up environment. It unearths business talent, targeting residents with well-developed business ideas or existing early-stage businesses.
These emerging entrepreneurs participate in a 14-week Business Start-up Intensive (BSI) designed to instil practical business skills, knowledge, networks and confidence.
The Enterprising Program will be of particular interest to councils wanting to:
- enhance social cohesion and economic prosperity in their municipality
- attract and support residents who have an entrepreneurial spirit and the potential to become future local business leaders
- give local business start-ups a greater likelihood of surviving
- generate employment opportunities, and
- enrich existing council services and networks for small business.