The City of Moonee Valley is home to people from all over the world and our mission is to work in partnership with the community to lead and develop a healthy and thriving city. Moonee Valley City Council is dedicated to creating a fair city that values diversity, where everyone feels safe, included, and has access to healthy food, services, housing, learning and employment.
These core values of inclusion, access and participation are outlined in Council’s Diversity Access and Equity Policy and embedded in the MV 2040 Strategy. Council adopted the Standing Together and Supporting Diversity Statement in 2018 and has demonstrated their commitment and leadership through cornerstone initiatives and projects such as:
- Speak Up, Be Brave anti-racism campaign;
- Dates of Recognition calendar of events;
- Community Grants Program;
- Reconciliation Action Plan and Policy; and,
- Joint Mayoral Taskforce campaign against changes to the Status Resolution Support Services for asylum seekers.
Now, as members of the Welcoming Cities network, Moonee Valley celebrates diversity as one of their greatest strengths and looks forward to identifying where further efforts can be directed toward creating a welcoming and inclusive city.