The Intercultural Action Group is a community group that was formed as a response to the growing multicultural population of Margaret River WA.
Their aim is to provide support to migrants living, working and travelling in the region; resident Australians; and, Indigenous Australians.
The objectives of the Intercultural Action Group include:
- increasing cross-cultural understanding amongst all the diverse ethnic/cultural groups in the region; including Anglo-Australians
- increasing awareness and profile of the diverse cultural profile in the region
- promoting the benefits of cultural diversity within the Margaret River community
- organising events that aim to enhance the relationship between traditional Anglo-Australian communities with other diverse cultural communities
- offering support mechanisms for newly arrived people in the region
- promoting the voice of diverse cultural groups